You can do it, your dream can become a reality. It doesn’t matter how many times you might have tried and maybe failed, that does not make you a failure, you can still succeed, all great and successful people, organizations and businesses has experienced failure at one point, all you have to do, is discover what it takes and give it all it takes, in fact
“Past failures can fuel your drive for future success.”
— George Ifeanyi
Genesis 11:1-9 clearly confirmed that man has the potential and ability to do anything, “And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brickd and burn them thoroughly, And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth”. Genesis 11:1-9
Can you imagine men attempting to build a tower which top will reach the heavens, in those days when there was not much advanced building equipment as we have today, Mission Impossible!, you would say, but God Himself who made man and knows what man can do, said it was possible if they were not stopped. Michel Jordan thought well when he said,
“Never say never limits and fears are often just an illusion.”
— Michel Jordan
Below are some silent but very potent virtues and traits I observed from the lives of these men that we could apply to our own lives and see what we can as well do.
1. THEY WERE MOVE MAKERS: They Journeyed…,
2. THEY RECOGNIZE OPPORTUNITY: They found a plain.., Two salesmen were sent to an island to sell shoes. The first sales clerk, upon arrival, was shocked to realize that no one wore shoes. Immediately he sent a telegram to his home office, “I will return home tomorrow no one wears shoes here.” The second thrilled by the same realization, wired the home office saying, “please send me more shoes, everyone here needs them!
3. THEY UTILIZED OPPORTUNITY: They settled there…,
4. THEY EMBRACED PREPARATION: They had brick for stone.., The level to which we are prepared is the level we are declared, nothing determines manifestation like preparation. The Bible speaking in 2 Chronicles 27:6 concerning Jotham it says, ”So Jotham became mighty, because he prepared his ways before the LORD his God.”
5. THEY WERE RISK TAKERS: They want to build a city and a tower whose top reaches into the sky…, There is no success without some form of risk, I have personally come to discover that risk taking is an integral part of success. John Maxwell has this to say about risk
“Nothing of value is achieved without risk. You have to put yourself on the line to reach the finish line.”
— John Maxwell
You must be willing to take risk.