Most of the times, nothing works out except it is worked upon, this is true with vision also, it is not just enough to have a vision, there are lots of things, you don’t just have to do, but must do to bring about the fulfillment of your vision. In the previous edition I sheared “6 THINGS VISION WILL DO FOR YOU”. But below are 6 things everyone that has a vision should do about their vision.
1. UNDERSTAND YOUR VISION: You cannot stand what you don’t understand and to become outstanding, you need understanding, understanding your vision, places you on the cutting edge of commitment, where you will be able to fulfill it. Having a vision, you don’t understand is as bad as not having a vision at all. “And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man. And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision“. (Daniel 8:15-16). You need to understand your vision, the timing of the vision, the people to connect to or disconnect from, the scope of the vision and also the resources needed for the fulfillment of the vision.
“A vision you don’t comprehend you won’t apprehend.”
— George Ifeanyi
What does it mean to understand? (a) To perceive its meaning: If you don’t perceive it’s meaning, you will become mean about it, you won’t take it serious, and you can easily be talk out of it, (b) To perceive its significance: Perceive the significance of your vision, its significance will make you hold on, even in the midst of adverse challenges, because of it, you will be ready to sacrifice anything and everything to see that your vision comes to pass, no price will be too big for you to pay as far as the fulfillment of your vision is concerned.
2. WRITE DOWN YOUR VISION: Your vision that is unwritten is one that you do not intend fulfilling, writing down your vision is a proof that you believe the vision and you are ready to pursue it until it finds fulfillment. “And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision….”. (Habakkuk 2:2)
“A vision you find difficult documenting you will find difficult implementing.”
— George Ifeanyi
A short pen is better than a long memory, memorizing it is good but writing it down is better, what is written is not easily forgotten. Your commitment and passion to the vision unconsciously increases when you have it written down.
2. UNFOLD YOUR VISION: You have to unfold your vision for you to be able to uphold your vision. The only visions that take hold are shared visions. a city set on a hill cannot be hidden, share your vision, communicate it. What does it mean to unfold? (a) To reveal: You cannot claim to have a vision and for years now it is still concealed both to you and to your organization. The Bible speaking of John the Baptist says.., “And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel” (Luke 1:80). There must be a time and season of revealing, a time to allow to appear or come to light. (b) To develop: Developing your vision is one of the major way of unfolding it, the more you develop and work on your vision, the more you are set to fulfilling it. Don’t just leave your vision in its raw form, work on it, and keep working on it, make maximum inputs commensurate to level of outputs you are expecting until it finds fulfillment.
“People will not follow your vision until you make them swallow it”
— George Ifeanyi
4. MAKE YOUR VISION PLAIN: When you make it plain it will become easy for you and the people that might be involved to run with it successfully until it is accomplished. “And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it”. (Habakkuk 2 :2). Until your vision is made plain it cannot be explained. You have to decode it from its encoded form and make it plain.
5. UNDERTAKE YOUR VISION: Vision does not fulfill itself, it is people who fulfills vision, you must be ready to take bold steps for your vision, you can’t sit down and fold your hands and expect your vision to come to pass. In Genesis 24:27 Abraham’s servant confessed, “I being in the way, the Lord led me to the house of my master’s brethren”. He was on his way before the Lord led him.
“Even God will not partake in your vision if you don’t undertake it.”
— George Ifeanyi
Every vision has a starting point, when will you lunch that your long incubated vision, don’t wait to be pushed before you decide on pursuing your vision, a vision you don’t start you can’t continue and a vision you don’t continue you can’t conclude. Your vision will never become an adventure except you decide to venture. Overcome the fear holding you back, by taking a giant step, nobody can tell how far you can go.
6. WAIT FOR YOUR VISION: Don’t give up on your vision, wait for it wait for its manifestation and fulfillment. “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry”. (Habakkuk 2:3) A true wait on vision is not a waste of vision. Wait for it, until it is accomplished, be expectant but be patient, don’t rush so won’t be crushed and don’t just focus on the progress, but also be aware of the process and development. You must understand that waiting time is not wasting time.
©George Ifeanyi January 2017
All rights reserved! Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.